I have a form with an Ajax request() to update the form with survey
results. It works great in Firefox, but when I submit it from Safari
4.latest on Mac OS X, I get nothing at all in the browser for results,
and the console says "Refused to get unsafe header "X-JSON". I've
tested this on two different Macs.

I am using the latest Prototype from Google's CDN. Here's the entire
form wiring, which is placed in a script block under the form in the
source (Yahoo-style).

        $('quick_poll').observe('submit',function(evt){
                evt.stop();
                var elm = evt.element();
                this.request({
                        onCreate:function(transport){
                                $('spinner').show();
                                $('poll').setStyle({visibility:'hidden'});
                        },
                        onComplete:function(transport){
                                elm.update(transport.responseText);

I've done this construction over and over before, and never had a
complaint out of Safari or another browser. Any thoughts?

Walter