To pass a function to setTimeout that is binded to an object of choice, to
something along these lines:

// where obj is obviously your object
var func = function() {
   this.doSomething()
}.bind( this );
window.setTimeout( func, 1000 );

Function.prototype.bind is a function that's defined in the Prototype
library. Hope this helps.

Daan