Hi,

First of all thanks for taking the time to trying to understand me ;)
Basically what I'm trying to do is the following.

Whenever I want to add special behaviour to elements on the form, I
add classes to the element, or add (I know this isn't compliant, but I
have yet to find a better way) custom attributes, for instance:

<input type="text" name="nameID" id="nameID" value="blablabla"
validation="{required}"/>

I attached an elementInitialisation() function to the onload of the
document.
Once the document loaded, I have one function that does the
initialisation on the element.

I would loop over all elements that require initialisation in some
way, and call the initialiseElemen(el) method.
In that element, I do all checks (does the element need validation
added, does it require extra behaviour, ...) and I modify the element
adding the desired behaviour.  This works fantastically...

Unfortunately however, I also update the contents of my page using
ajax on several occasions which might also add elements to the
document that would require initialisation.  These elements would need
to be going through the initialiseElement(el) function as well...

I don't know how this can be done in the easiest way...  I want the
code to be as concise as possible.

Does this explain the situation to you?

I can provide you with a login to the site where I'm working on if you
need it so I can provide you with more detailed info...

Thanks a lot!
David.