> Just tossing in: Alternately, the <script> block that has the "active"
> part can be placed at the end of the document, so the DOM elements are
> loaded by the time the browser reaches that <script> tag.

I've never been comfortable relying on that. I've heard people say it,
some of them even people who seem like they know what they're doing,
but I've never been comfortable *relying* on it. I really should find
(or do) some really robust tests, probably a point of ignorance for
me.

Good catch that his script block *is* at the end. If you can count on
elements being in place at that point, any idea why it's failing?

-- T.J.