From: "joe t." <thooke...@gmail.com>
To: "Prototype & script.aculo.us" <prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2009 1:49 AM
Subject: [Proto-Scripty] Re: Autocompleter does not work in FireFox 3.5.5

Uhhhh, right, sure, yeah, of COURSE i saw that... (didn't).

i tend to agree with you on [not] placing the active script block at
the end of the document and trusting it to work 100% of the time. Like
you, i haven't seen any hard data on why NOT to, but just don't fully
trust it.

i don't see any obvious reason the script would be failing. Tracing
back #clearWhitespace from Prototype, it only occurs in Autocompleter
in the #onComplete callback. i don't use the class that much, so i'm
not the best one to ask. i just happened across your initial response
in my digest email. :O

Sorry i couldn't be more help on this one.
-joe t.