Hi,

If you're replacing the element you're observing, that's your problem
-- events are observed on instances. Even if you replace an element
with the ID "X" with another element with the ID "X", they're
different elements.

>From your description, it sounds like you're replacing more than you
really should be, but it's hard to tell without code. If it's not that
you're replacing the element you're observing, I'd suggest replicating
the problem in a small, self-contained example[1].

[1] http://proto-scripty.wikidot.com/self-contained-test-page

HTH,
Independent Software Consultant
tj / crowder software / com