Has anyone implemented a restrict-to-list option in the autocompleter
or know any of the pitfalls I should watch out for?

 I would like to implement this option, for say State names, or such,
and I would rather restrict to the list than doing post-selection
error messages.  It seems like a feature that should be included (for
things like state names, or other limited lists.)

Does such a feature already exist (and I missed it in my search) or
has anyone already implemented it?

Thanks,

StriderA