thanks for the reply.

I'm trying this, but i'm fairly sure i'm doing it wrong. I'm not much
of a developer. let me explain what i'm doing so that it may better
help with things.

I'm making a simple portfolio website for my gf using animations from
script.aculo.us. I want to use galleria.js for the gallery though.

The first time I included galleria.js and jquery.js none of my
animations worked. I found jQuery.noConflict(); and inserted it into
the line of code you put on your page for galleria.js like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
          jQuery.noConflict();

        jQuery(function($) { $('ul.gallery').galleria(); });
</script>

Once I used jQuery.noConflict(); my animations started working, but
galleria.js still doesn't work. I've used galleria.js in the past,
though not with another library, so I'm pretty sure i'm implementing
galleria correctly.

Should I try to edit the galleria.js? I tried to put jQuery.noConflict
(); in the galleria.js file and nothing seemed to happen.

I'm not sure how just assigning jquery to a new variable works. It
seems too simple to wrap my head around.

Thanks for the help.