Try onmouseenter instead. It should only fire when the mouse enters the element.

David

Am 17.02.2010 22:40, schrieb louis w:
Refer to the link below. I have a "dropdown" html element which has an
event observer looking for mouseover. It's working, but it
continuously fires mouseover events while you are mousing over the
other elements inside it. I am guessing this is because of bubbling.

Is there a way to only make it fire the event on the initial
mouseover? I want it to do an Effect and this is breaking the effect.
I am sure it's just something basic I am not doing.

Thanks for the help.

http://tinyurl.com/y88rcrz (open firebug)