Thanks for replying. Ok, so going by page[3] if I were to do the
following...AJAX UPDATER would evaluate the external js files:

<head>
<script type="text/javascript" src='libs/prototype.js'></script>

var head;
var script;

head = $$('head')[0];
if (head)
{
    script = new Element('script', { type: 'text/javascript', src:
'GreyBox_v5_5_3/greybox/AJS.js' });
    head.appendChild(script);
}

</head>