Do you have any error/warning message in the Firefox console ?
If you're using Firebug's debuger, I've noticed that it sometimes just
stop code execution when reaching a line that will fail.
To see the error, you may go "on script" tab and click on "Continue
execution" (the "VCR Play button like" icon).