Hi,

> Well, I'm inserting it into a div node so it knows where to be layed
> out.

Rushing out the door, but:

Where a script tag is in the page only matters during initial page
load, and then only 1) in terms of the order in which the scripts in
the various tags get executed, and/or 2) if the scripts use
`document.write` to output to the page as it's parsed.

>From your code snippet, I didn't take your calendar control to be the
kind that relies on `document.write` (which is very old-fashioned and
generally not a good idea). It looks like it interacts with a pre-
existing element in the page -- specifially, whatever element is just
before the one with the ID "cds_placeholder_105hd1" in your page,
because you're looking up that element by ID (the `$
('cds_placeholder_105hd1')` part), and then going to the previous
element (the `.previous()` part).

Do you _already_ have a calendar on that element? Or does that element
not exist? I think those may be where the problem lies.

Good luck,
Independent Software Consultant
tj / crowder software / com
www.crowdersoftware.com