OK, I know this isn't strictly prototype, but I'll through it here.

I have a div with id divsubmit which has an animated gif used when
prototype is waiting for a response. So I use $('divsubmit').show() in
onLoading: and $('divsubmit').hide in onComplete.

The thing is that I have this div on the top of the page and everytime
I .show() it, all the objects below it go down to make the div fit. I
want the div to show up on top of the other objects. How do I do this?

--
Martín Marqués
DBA, Programador, Administrador