Hi,

I didn't find a method for clearing the content of an HTML element
*and* which from its name clearly indicates this action.

I formerly used $("myContainer").update() for clearing the element's
content, i.e. calling the update method with no arguments. But I
prefer a readable alias like Element.clearContent() for this. (I first
tried an alias "Element.clear()" but this wasn't a good idea, the
function clear seems to be reserved for other things).

I like to propose such an alias for the Prototype standard.

Regards,
Rüdiger