Hi,

I've never had this problem with prototype before. I'm querying a
twisted python web service that I wrote with a simple GET request,
returning json, but for some reason the responseText always seems to
be ".

            function make_request() {
                debug("in make_request with url " + url);
                new Ajax.Request(url, {
                    method: "get",
                    onSuccess: function(transport) {
                        debug("query successful");
                        debug("response was '" +
transport.responseText + "'");
                    },
                    onFailure: function(transport) {
                        debug("query failed");

In the browser I end up seeing

    * in make_request with url
http://localhost:8000/route/?start=sta-917&end=sta-10715&starttime=1274469161
    * query successful
    * response was ''

And yet if I capture the traffic, the response looks fine.

OPTIONS /route/?start=sta-917&end=sta-10715&starttime=1274469161 HTTP/
1.1

Host: localhost:8000

20091206 Gentoo Firefox/3.5.4

Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/
*;q=0.8

Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate

Keep-Alive: 300

Connection: keep-alive

Origin: null

Access-Control-Request-Method: GET

Access-Control-Request-Headers: x-prototype-version,x-requested-with

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

{"status": "defer", "reason": "No workers ready, try again soon"}

So why am I not seeing it in transport.responseText ?

Thanks,
Mike