Hi.

I have a page where <div>s are displayed using a nice simple parallel
Fade/Appear effect. I also fade in the <div>s on the initial page
load.

In some of the <div>s, there are <input> tags. I want to be able to
set focus to the tag.

Trying to do so generates an error.

My fade in code is

new Effect.Parallel(    [
        new Effect.Appear('banner',      {duration : 1.00, delay : 0.50}),
        new Effect.Appear('vsContainer', {duration : 2.00, delay : 0.50})
        ],
        {sync: true}
);

In vsContainer, there is an element <input type="text" maxlength="10"
name="vsRequest[Vehicle]" id="requestVehicle" value="" />

I want to put the focus on this element.

Normally,

$('requestVehicle').focus();

would do the trick, and if I type that into the console (chrome, firefox, IE

--
-----
Richard Quadling