Hi,

Never seen anything like that. It would be basically impossible for
Ajax.Updater to do that. The only thing that comes to mind is if
you're using submit buttons or similar to trigger the Ajax.Updater
operation and in some strange situations, you're not cancelling the
default action of the button. E.g., like this:

HTML:

    <form>
    <input type='text' id='txtCriteria'>
    <input type='submit' value='Search' id='btnSearch'>
    </form>

JavaScript:

    $('btnSearch').observe('click', function(event) {
        // Some logic here
        doSomething();
        doSomethingElse();
        doAnotherThing();

        // We've handled it, stop the event
        event.stop();
    });

In the above, suppose something blows up in `doSomethingElse` because
of some special weird state the page has gotten itself into. That
means you're not stopping the event (since the stop is at the bottom,
but the exception's happened above it), so the form gets submitted --
reloading the page.

That's the kind of thing I'd be looking for. It's not going to be
actually _in_ Ajax.Updater if you follow me.

HTH,
Independent Software Consultant
tj / crowder software / com
www.crowdersoftware.com