Hi Richard,

There are some specific events, but I am not sure they are already
standardized.

You may find/test them on this page: http://yura.thinkweb2.com/isEventSupported/
Have a look at iPhone touch/gesture events section.

Note fwiw that despite the section's name, touch* events are also
supported by android phones (but not the gesture* ones).

If you use them, I am curious to know if prototype handle them right
(I didn't have time to play with them yet :o) )

Eric