Hi,

We'd need to see the code doing the request and processing the result.
In general, Ajax.Request works just fine on FF for Windows.

If you don't already have it, I'd recommend installing Firebug[1] and
stepping through the code, identifying exactly where it's going wrong
-- e.g., is it a problem with the request? Your handling of the
response? The updates you make to the page?

If you can isolate the problem to a small, self-contained example[2],
that may also help.

[1] http://getfirebug.com/
[2] http://proto-scripty.wikidot.com/self-contained-test-page

HTH,