Hi.

I want to press a button to open a new tab showing a PDF file.

Currently, I have ...

<a id="vsFax" target="_blank" href="/index.php" title="Jobsheet"
class="formButtons">
                <button id="vsViewJobsheetButton">View jobsheet</button>
</a>

and each browser resulted in a different outcome (Chrome:new tab OK,
Firefox:2 new tabs both OK, IE:nothing, Safari:new window)

I know that target is a no-no for standards (and it seems IE is the
only one obeying it this time around!).

So.

How do I do this? The real url is supplied at runtime via an AJAX
request. I can assign it to whatever is needed.

I could just style the <a> as a button ... is that possible?

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Richard Quadling.