I was looking for a way to make an image scroller.
I found Scriptaculous'   effect.move works very well.
In fact I found a working example.

So I went and downloaded the newest version from the Script.aculo.us
site.
I unzipped the files and uploaded them to my javascript folder.
I copied the example code verbatim and it worked.
However, I noticed the example code was linking to
http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/scriptaculous/1.8.3/scriptaculous.js
I changed it to point to my scriptaculous.js in the javascript folder
and it stopped working.

I have checked that the files are there in the proper directory and
the linking is correct.
I even tried moving the .js files into the same directory as the web
page and linking it by calling "scriptaculous.js".

Am I installing this wrong?
Is there more I need to do?
Do the Javascripts only work on certain types of servers?