Hello,
I'm making an html/javascript copy of a flash slide-show, probably the first
of several necessitated by the iPad. Thanks to Prototype, everything works
well in every browser -- EXCEPT, if the user clicks one of the navigation
buttons or image buttons before the images are finished loading, the display
image doesn't position itself correctly. (The images are of varying sizes
and I caculate their position on the fly.) I've tried this (shell being my
outermost div), which has no effect at all:

<script type="text/javascript">

document.observe("dom:loaded", function() {

$('shell').stopObserving('click');

firstimage();

});

</script>

I can disable each of the buttons and inputs, individually, which is really
lame, plus would make me re-iterate through them to un-disable them at the
end of the load functions. It would be ideal to disable all the buttons at
the beginning of the load process and then have an on-complete event that
will re-enable them (and will work in all browsers).

Is there a way to do that with Prototype? I'd be very grateful for advice
and suggestions.

Thank you!

Jane Hunter