Hi,

On Mar 10, 1:38 am, Walter Lee Davis <wa...@wdstudio.com> wrote:
> Oh good. So for my edification, are you saying that you are able to
> run a function after the unload event? I may have been laboring under
> a misconception about that.

Yes, you can run functions using the window unload event. Example:
http://jsbin.com/apuke4
Open that link in a tab, click "Open Window", then close the tab you
opened the link in -- the subordinate window closes as well.

What you can do in those functions is severely limited by modern
browsers (for all the good reasons you can think of). You can't open
new windows, do alerts/confirms, I think even synchronous ajax calls
are off-limits (at least cross-browser). But you can do some useful
things (like close subordinate windows).

FWIW,
Independent Software Engineer
tj / crowder software / com
www / crowder software / com