Hi,

The CSS you've quoted is defining a rule for elements with *class*
"foo", not `id` foo, and your quoted test code is using `getHeight`,
not `getWidth`.

If I make the rule for the `id` "foo" and use `getWidth` and Prototype
1.7.0.0, it works for me on Safari 5, IE6, IE7, and IE9 on Windows;
and Chrome (let's see, what is it today) 10, Firefox 3.6, and Opera 11
on Linux: http://jsbin.com/uhofu4

So either it's a "feature" of RC2, or something that only shows up on
a Mac (if that's where you're using Safari), or maybe a couple of the
issues with the quoted test code are actually present in the code
you're testing. Or something else. :-)

HTH,
Independent Software Engineer
tj / crowder software / com