HTML5 lets you do this, and pretty much anything else you like, by adding a data- prefix to the attribute name. Have at it.

Walter

On Mar 26, 2011, at 9:37 PM, kstubs wrote:

Is it bad, or does it make parsing objects unstable if you append custom attributes to an HTML tag? Lets say I want to keep track of a number, maybe a customers ID, so I do something like:

var div = new Element('div', {'customerID':1234});

which should result in:

Thoughts?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Prototype & script.aculo.us" group. To post to this group, send email to prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com . To unsubscribe from this group, send email to prototype-scriptaculous+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com . For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous?hl=en .