Hi TJ,

thx for your reply... actually you were right, the problem was somewhere else. i am parsing a <UL><LI>... (the actual (play)list) with <DL>s (the track's spec) in it. although, there is definetly no whitespace inside the source code (at this place),
in IE7, an additional " " (space) was added to my keys!!!
wired enough, this only happens in IE7, all other IEs (6,8,9) and browsers behave as
expected... :S
guess, if i'd wrapped my output with a <pre>, i would have noticed this extra whitespace earlier :(