Walter,

Thanks for your feedback.  Unfortunately, a good menuing system requires a
lot more than just taking an existing accordian system and messing around
with the CSS.  You need the ability to easily disable/gray the entire menu
struture and/or its individual elements along with many other functions.

DDAcordian based jquery is a pretty nice implementation of a good menuing
system as it has a lot of features and functionality.  I was looking for
something similar for prototype without my having to reinvent the wheel.

I ended up finding a dhtml solution using plain ol javascript that does 80%
of what I want with no modifications and with a few mods I'm up to 90%.
Enabling and disabling of the menu and nodes is all thats lacking.

Again, thanks for your feedback!

Pete