I'm doing a hack and the link is showing up in the title attribute.

Here is my code which only removes the "</a>", but I need to remove
the opening href as well.
//Remove Title
titleLinks=$$('div.ms-acal-item');

for (var i = 0; i < titleLinks.length; i++) {
      var element = $(titleLinks[i]);
      if (element.hasAttribute('title')) {
          var tempTitle = element.readAttribute('title');
          tempTitle = tempTitle.gsub('</a>','');
          element.setAttribute('title', tempTitle);
      } else {