From: prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com
[mailto:prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Aravinda777
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 11:11 AM
To: Prototype & script.aculo.us
Subject: [Proto-Scripty] JavaScript from AJAX response is not being
available

Hi all,

I used Prototype to get an AJAX response fromcalling a JSP page, and set it
as innerHTML of a div.

I tried executing eval on the response separately before going with
Prototype, and seeing that prototype evaluates javascript in the
reponseText, I gave it a spin. However, when I try using the javascript
functionality after setting the innerHTML, still it does not seem to have
got evaluated.

My sample JSP code looks like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
function sayHi(){
        alert("hi");
}
</script>
<input type="button" value="click" onClick="sayHi()">

I do the AJAX call like this on another page of the same app:

new Ajax.Request(page, {
                  onSuccess: function(reponse) {

document.getElementById('test_div').innerHTML=reponse.responseText;

When I click the button, I do not get the alert - which I can get if I
accessed the JSP dierctly. Is there something additional I need to do to get
the sayHi() function working in the target div? Or probably I am missing
something trivial altogether.

Appreciate your help on this.

Regards,
-A