Totally do-able using the HTML 5 Javascript File API (won't work in IE
though)

you can use the file object in the postBody option and that will upload the
file to your php script through the php://input stream - use $_GET
parameters for the rest of the information you want to post

to solve the IE problem chromeframe is a good solution as well

I can post an example if you need

Jason