On Dec 25, 2012, at 6:41 AM, Phil Petree wrote:

> Thanks for that pointer... but that's still not what I'm looking for (and
> Walter, if you're still haning out here, two of those demos are broken).
>
> I have an ever changing list of product logos (right now 30 and we've not
> even launched yet) and I want to:
>
> 1) load a prototpe widget on my home page
> 2) point that widget to a directory containing the logos

This part is going to be impossible without server-side help. Either PHP or
Ruby or some other server-side scripting that can read a directory contents and
do things with that knowledge will be necessary, because JavaScript is run on
the client, and there's no way the client can read a directory on the server.

> 3) have that widget issue an ajax call to fetch a logo
> 4) receive the logo and display in my box
> 5) Ideally it would scroll it up from the bottom and push the previous off
> the top

The effect part of this is pretty trivial. You might want to look for a
"Carousel" effect, of which there are hundreds of examples.

Walter