On Nov 09, 2009, Sim?n wrote:

> Hi,

Hello,

>    The man page of psad says:
>
> "/Occasionally certain IP addresses are repeat offenders and should
> automatically be given a higher danger level than would normally be
> assigned. Additionally, some IP addresses can always be ignored
> depending on your network configuration (the loopback interface
> 127.0.0.1 might be a good candidate for example). /etc/psad/auto_dl
> provides an interface for psad to automatically increase/decrease/ignore
> scanning IP danger levels. Modifications can be made to auto_dl
> (installed by default in /etc/psad) and psad will import them *without
> having to restart the psad process.*/"
>
>      But if I change the auto_dl file and I don't restart the psad
> process (with "/etc/init.d/psad restart"), it doesn't import the new rules.

Ah, that is an old portion of the man page - thanks for catching that.
I've fixed the wording for the next release.

In the meantime, you can use 'psad -H' to have psad re-import the file,
or restart the psad process.  Note that psad will import previous scan
information if you have the IMPORT_OLD_SCANS variable set to 'Y' in the
psad.conf file.

Thanks,

--Mike