Hi,
   The man page of psad says:

"/Occasionally certain IP addresses are repeat offenders and should
automatically be given a higher danger level than would normally be
assigned. Additionally, some IP addresses can always be ignored
depending on your network configuration (the loopback interface
127.0.0.1 might be a good candidate for example). /etc/psad/auto_dl
provides an interface for psad to automatically increase/decrease/ignore
scanning IP danger levels. Modifications can be made to auto_dl
(installed by default in /etc/psad) and psad will import them *without
having to restart the psad process.*/"

     But if I change the auto_dl file and I don't restart the psad
process (with "/etc/init.d/psad restart"), it doesn't import the new rules.