On Sep 09, 2010, Unihost wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> Thanks for the quick response.  Here's what I found.
>
> Firstly, I'm on CentOS, and your package has a require of
> perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker which apparently isn't easy to find, and
> doesn't appear to be in any of the normal repositories (inc
> rpmforge).  I found a src rpm and built it and installed it.
>
> Then ran cd_rpmbuilder, which created the psad rpm... so far so good......
>
> Preparing...
> ########################################### [100%]
>    1:psad
> ########################################### [100%]
> Can't open /etc/psad/psadwatchd.conf: No such file or directory.
>
> Followed by.....
>
> [r...@psad]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/psad start
> Starting psad: Unix::Syslog object version 1.1 does not match
> bootstrap parameter 0.100 at
> /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line
> 253.
> Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/psad line 2670.
> [FAILED]

Yuck, that's no good.

> Any light you can shed would be useful?  I'm curious as to what
> happened between the older versions and this current version??
> Everything used to install so smoothly I never had a single problem
> with psad before today?

For the previous version I built it on an older version of Ubuntu - it must
have been Ubuntu-8.10.  I should probably stand up an RPM-based distro for
building the psad RPM's so that I can troubleshoot things like the above
errors.  I suspect that psad would install from sources on your system, but
I understand if you only want to install software via RPM's.

I'll work on standing up a CentOS VM...

--Mike