On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 1:18 PM, 3Turtles <3turt...@videotron.ca> wrote:

> PSAD isn't starting automatically on system startup (even though the
> startup script exists in /etc/init.d/psad).  I
> have it installed on 2 different server boxes and the issue exists on
> both.  The OS's are Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS and PSAD 2.2.3 was compiled
> from source.

Ubuntu 14.04 uses the upstart daemon.  Did you install psad with the
install.pl script from the psad sources?  You will probably need to copy
the init-scripts/upstart/psad.conf file to /etc/default as well.  Trying
running 'update-rc.d psad defaults' manually.

--Mike

> I tried adding Ubuntu style startup parameters to the /etc/init.d/psad
>  file (see below), but it didn't fix it.
>
>      ### BEGIN INIT INFO
>      # Provides:          psad
>      # Required-Start:    $network
>      # Required-Stop:     $network
>      # Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
>      # Default-Stop:      0 1 6
>      ### END INIT INFO
>

> Any idea how i can fix this?

Michael Rash | Founder
http://www.cipherdyne.org/
Key fingerprint = 53EA 13EA 472E 3771 894F  AC69 95D8 5D6B A742 839F