Between test setups, Glenn gave an excellent explanation
of Smith charts (part of the VNA results), then
we found a nice poster tacked up on a wall, which we liked.
I found a copy (pdf) of the poster on Agilent's site:

http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/5989-6924EN.pdf

Watching the results change on the VNA as Glenn alternated
between placing his hands on the Al shell of the rocket below
the antennas and letting go was a dramatic demonstration
of how easy it was to affect the results. In this case, by changing
the (effective?) dielectric constant of the antenna system.
(Longer, more accurate explanations may be available.)

As it turned out the VNA results were consistent with measurements
at a PSU lab with a different VNA, in what was assumed to be a higher RFI
environment.

----------------------
Side note:

Spectrum analyzer parameter VBW (video bandwidth) is a factor combined
with RBW to determine sweep time and is used to reduce noise. RBW
(resolution
bandwidth)  'is the minimum bandwidth over which you can separate
two signals and still see them.' (ref: Agilent). So, RBW is
what we thought it was.

More info on spectrum analyzers:
http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/5952-0292.pdf

    -K