Hi everyone,

Can someone do some research and tell us which 802.11 USB sticks are
best supported in Linux? I suppose this means doing a bit of research to
cross reference which USB sticks are supported, checking their chipset,
and then checking that chipset to see how much control we get.

In particular, we're interested in a USB 802.11 stick with a chipset we
can control as much as possible: for example, we definitely want to able
to turn off RTS/CTS and (if possible) the 100 Hz beacon while in ad-hoc
mode.

A big plus would be to have an external antenna jack, although that's
what a soldering iron is for ;)

Andrew

Andrew Greenberg

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  P: 503.788.1343  C: 503.708.7711