Launch Site: Go
Software: What could go wrong?
We're go for launch this Sunday!
Here's the timeline:
- Now through Friday Evening we pack the rocket lab into PSU's trailer
- Saturday Morning at 9:00 am everyone meets at PSU for a last minute
- Saturday at 10:00 am a convoy leaves PSU for Central Oregon
- Saturday at 3:00 pm we arrive at the Oregon Rocketry launch site
- Saturday afternoon camp is set, launch infrastructure in place
- Saturday night at 11:00 pm, star party! Great viewing in the desert
- Sunday Morning at daybreak, coffee
- Sunday Morning at 7:00 more coffee and launch prep
- Sunday Morning at 9:00 rocket heads to launch tower (more coffee)
- Sunday Morning at 10:00 am nominal launch time
- As soon as the rocket is recovered we break down camp and head back to
If you're coming to the launch with us on Saturday:
We're meeting at 9:00 am behind the University Point Hotel just South of
the EB, here:
If you're coming out on your own:
Directions to the Brothers launch site can be found here:
The physical location of the “green gate” off Hwy 20 (easy to miss) is as
The 7-day forecast for Brothers at this point looks like it is going to be
fairly warm next weekend. Don’t forget to bring the following with you:
- Shade – easy-up, etc.
- Did I mention water?
- Camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, air mattress, etc.) if camping
on-site with us Saturday night.
- Fire suppression equipment if you have it – fire extinguishers,
shovels, extra water, etc.
If you're not coming:
Follow on twitter!
Watch telemetry live (maybe, experimental feature)
Any questions just ask me or Andrew!
Let's launch a rocket!
psas-team mailing list
This list's membership is automatically generated from the memberships of the
psas-airframe, psas-avionics, and psas-general mail lists. Visit
http://lists.psas.pdx.edu to individually subscribe/unsubscribe yourself from