From: communit...@prixars.aec.at
Date: 16 Jan 2009 3:26:27  GMT-05:00
Subject: Prix Ars Electronica 2009 - Call for Entries

Dear Friend and Participant of Prix Ars Electronica,

The 23rd Prix Ars Electronica - International Competition for CyberArts is open for entries now!

We kindly invite you to submit your latest projects! If you know any further interesting works we'll be happy to get your recommendation!

Prix Ars Electronica 2009
Online Submission Deadline: March 6, 2009
Contact: i...@prixars.aec.at
Total Prize Money: € 122.500,-
Categories: Computer Animation / Film / VFX; Digital Musics; Interactive Art; Hybrid Art; Digital Communities; [the next idea] Grant; Media.Art.Research Award; u19 - freestyle computing

More details about all categories and online submission are available only online at: <http://prixars.aec.at>

DIGITAL COMMUNITIES
The Digital Communities category is open to political, social and cultural projects, initiatives, groups and scenes from all over the world that display contentious commitment in coming up with smart, successful ways of deploying digital technologies to solve social problems. Particular emphasis is placed on a project’s degree of community innovation, its sustainability and its use of technology in a way that makes good sense and is attuned to the needs of the people meant to benefit from it. Digital Communities projects should make it easier for people to access technology, networks and the Digital Commons. We explicitely encourage community-related net.art projects to submit.

Please feel free to forward this to all interesting/ed parties.

With best regards,
Bianca Petscher on the behalf of the Prix Ars Electronica 2009 Team

Bianca Petscher
Producer Prix Ars Electronica