Hey Nelson,

OK, well, there you go. The button in the transport is precisely like the
record button on any tape machine while the other record button is a toggle to
turn the track select button into a record arm button. Rather than having a
dedicated select button and a dedicated record enable button, they've decided
to make a dual function button to save space. This was the case on the 002 as
well. Does that help clarify?

Slau