HI Gordon,

Thanks for the recommendation. Price tag is very appealing, but it seems the product is discontinued.

JL

On 7/25/2011 2:32 PM, Gordon Kent wrote:

Hello:
I would recommend the alesis master control, which is a surface and audio interface combo that costs around $800. It is well-built, has two mic preamps, and also has two adat inputs to go up to 24 inputs. The jog wheel is really smooth and works well with the scrubbing in pt, and it is hui compatible. It has presets for most of the popular daw software including Sonar and pro tools, and I've used it with both. I'm not crayzy about the windows audio drivers, they are a bit glitchy when running a complex project but it's worth the money just as a surface.
Gord
-----Original Message----- From: James Lee
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2011 1:31 PM
To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
Subject: Control Surface, What To Buy?

Hi,

I finally decided to buy a mac to learn Protool. After going through
list archive, it seems like control surface makes a lot easier for us to
use Protool.
I'm looking at a few choices, and I'm wondering if someone can help me
to choose a right equipment. Digi 003, M-Audio ProjectMix I/O, Mackie
Control Universal Pro, Euphonix Artist Mix, and Digidesign Command 8
I'm looking for something less than $1500. Also, It's not critical, but
I'd love to be able to use it on Windows as well since I haven't
entirely given up on Sonar yet. Also hopefully on Logic when Logic
becomes more accessible. I have RME fireface 800, so the audio interface
combo is not a huge factor.
Would any of them fit my criteria?
Lastly, can you get Protool 9 with Digi 003? It seems like Digi 003
comes with Protool 8 LE.
Thanks for all your help.

JL