First off kevin your typing is better than  mine onf a full keyboard.
Secondly  I have to agree, ditch the mixer, sell it,  return it if you
ar still in the stores return policy, or trade it in if the store
takes trade ins. Now where  I will have to disagree with kevin is on
the choice of inexpensive interface he recommended. I would suggest
the tascam US122 mkII. Its around  $100 and while in the same price
point, but i just find  the tascam stuff or even the E-Mu stuff to
have better mic pres and build quality  than the M-Audio stuff. In the
end though the point remains. Ditch the mixer you don't need it. Get
either a M-Audio Fas track or the Tascam US-122 or  similar  USB
interface and your problems will be solved. Oh and to choose your
soundcard in ProTools look under t the set up menu in the Playback
engine option. That one stumped me for a while when i first got PT as
well.