ouch! That went way over my poor little head. In the longrun, I wanan learn to do all that, but for now, what would you say you'd focus on learning before anything further. Let's take this one step at a time. All these things're overwhelming me.

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Martin" <monkeypushe...@gmail.com>
To: <ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2011 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: Erm, boss? We gotta little pwobwem, LOL!

ok two things. If the vocals aren't loud enough, instead of turning up the vocals bring down the level on the karaoke track. Secondly Stop trying to boost the highs, and cut the mud instead. Rule #1 of using EQ cut before you boost. First off, you probably want to run the vocals through a high pass filter, cutting off all frequencies around 150HZ to 200HZ, Experiment and fine tune to taste. Secendly then try cutting some where in the miss as well to help bring out the highs more. If you do ending up boosting the highs, a small amount goes a long way after following steps 1 and 2. Also you may have a decent studio grade condenser, but the weak link in your chain right now could be the multi mix and it's inexpensive per's. But chances are this is probably the least of your worries for now and the EQ tips I mentioned above should get you started. Add the Air 1 band or 3 band eq that comes with PT on the track and start experimenting. ASlso in the reverb blog in, see if it has a high pass and low pass setting, you may want to set the high pass to the same setting as the eq's high pass, and set the low pass somewhere around 5khz. Hope this helps at least get you started.