Plug it in, and ensure it's recognised by seeing if it appears in the
sound dialogue of System Preferences.

If it doesn't, make sure the drivers are installed properly.

When you've done that, set your device in the playback whatever it's
called option in the Setup menu of Pro Tools. When it is, go to the
periferals dialogue, and VO-space on the Input page of that box, press
command a (I think), and VO-space on the button that says Delete. Then
click the defaults button on that page, then do the same for the
Output tab.

If anyone else has experience with this, please chip in, because I'm
not 100% sure this is right.

HTH.

--
Take care,