Hi mate,
Actually, downgrading is easier than you might think.

If you buy Mac OS X Lion from the app store, you can extract the dmg from the
app, by right clicking the Install Lion.app folder, and clicking "Show Package
Contents".

From there, go to Contents/Shared Resources, there is a file called Install
ESD.dmg. Copy that to your desktop, and burn it to a dual layer DVD, then boot
from it, by holding the c key down while booting your computer.

You can even partition your disk by holding down command r when your computer
comes on. Voice Over will work for the install, and the recovery partition.

HTH,

Take care,

Chris Norman.
<chris.norm...@googlemail.com>