What are your stability issues with Sonar if you don't mind me asking?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Böttcher" <th.bottc...@gmail.com>
To: <ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:27 AM
Subject: protools vs sonar with caketalking

Hi guys,
I'm interested in recording soft synths and also recording some audio like my piano plus voice etc. I'm currently using sonar and the caketalking scripts under windows, running bootcamp on my mac. In short, for all my other programs I am a convinced mac user. I'm experiencing some serious stability issues with sonar and windows and I'm slowly getting really sick of that. About one and a half years ago I heard for the first time a podcast by kevin Reeves about pro tools being accessible and was really thrilled. However, back then he concluded with the notion that it was great for recording audio but not if you wanted to record soft synths and work a lot with midi editing etc.
That was one of the main reasons I went for sonar back then.
Could anyone on this list advice me if there has been any significant progress on that matter. Another reason for me for going for sonar back then was the extensive documentation provided especially for blind users by dancingdots, since I was a total new comer on this subject.
I don't expect the learning curve on pro tools to be low, though.

As composer/arranger I've produced my work as sheet music, however I want to be able to produce it as well using sophisticated soft synth sounds and sample libraries. Is that doable with pt?
Well, that's about it.
Thanks a lot!
Cheers
Thomas