Yes, PT is accessible and the person who did those lessons is Kevin Reves, he goes back and forth from this list and the PT access group. He also does pro tools lessons via skype or phone. His email is m...@kevinreeves.net Do you know how to use voice over, the screen reader for the Mac? That is the biggest hurdle IMO to using Pro Tools. I have a PT set up on a Mac with a 002 mixer and I am able to use plugins, softsynths and perform most basic edit functions. I am still learning though, it is a different kind of beast than Sonar.
HTH
----- Original Message ----- From: "James Malone" <james.9...@gmail.com>
To: <ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:18 AM
Subject: Beginner questions.

Hi there folks. I've recently started college doing a music
performance/production course, among other things. They use PT as
their main program, and I only learnt of its accessibility a couple
days ago. I guess firstly, I heard there was a tutorial or two that
someone did on PT. When I searched for it I discovered the link was
broken. If anyone has those are they able to chuck me a link?
Secondly, is PT practical for us blind folk yet? I understand this is
fairly new, so I thought I'd ask before taking the dive. I would
certainly be needing access to the midi area, along with possibly
plugins and access to some of the in built softsynths it has. (Though
I know that ones a bit of a hit and miss.)
Any help on this, anything at all would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
James

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Pro Tools Accessibility" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ptaccess+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.