It should work fine for any selected tracks. Do solo and mute work correctly
when you click on either button using VoiceOver? In other words, have you
confirmed that it's just the shortcut functionality that isn't working or
whether the functions themselves aren't working? Solo functionality can
sometimes seem not to work if the All Group is inadvertently enabled since all
tracks would follow. So, if you solo one track, all tracks become soloed and it
sounds like everything is audible and nothing is soloed. With mute, however,
with the All Group enabled, muting one track would mute everything so it's much
more obvious. At any rate, I'd be curious to know whether the solo and mute
functionality is not working, regardless of shortcuts.

Slau