Hello,

I too use loops in a similar manner to you.  in version 8, 9 and 10 of Pro
Tools the workspace windows isn't accessible at all. There for it wasn't easy
to work with loops and i switched to using reaper on the mac instead. As such i
haven't spent the money for Pro  Tools 11 yet, partly because reaper does
everything  I need it to, and partly cuz I don't have anyone around to assist
with the iLok situation. There are a few ways you can still work with loops,
but i found them to be tedious when building an entire drum track for a project
though. If you can actually navigate around the workspace window in version 11,
its probably just a matter of figuring out how to use it.

1) Import the loop the same way you would any other audio file, once its on the
track  in pro tools, select the loop and turn on elastic audio for that track
and set it to rhythmic since its a drum loop. This will allow it to play back
and snap to tempo of the project.

2 use the normal import dialog but instead of import ing to a project import to
the regions list, once in the regions list you can use VO's click and drag to
move it onto the track you want. Putting it on the track this way should allow
it to automatically snap to project tempo.

3 use VO's click and drag to drag it from finder into the project. probably the
hardest of the 3 and the one i never really fully tried myself.