Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2014 9:28 AM
To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Protools in Hackintosh

Honestly, for me, it's not a matter of compatibility.  Well, ok, yeah, it
is, but it's more the principle.  I don't wanna cheat Apple out of their
legitimate hardware.  They work very hard to give us rock solid systems.

If you'd asked me this 2 years ago... even a year ago... I probably would a
said, who cares, go get a hackintosh, go to a torrent site, download a crack
for OSX, sideload it on the hackintosh, and then go buy PT.  But, I'm sorry.
Now that I do this stuff as a profession, not just a hobby, I've learned
that A, that's very dishonest, and B, as Nick, Chuck, and others have said,
it's not worth the time, you'd get no support from Apple nor from Avid, and,
you're not guaranteed it'll work, and even it it does, as software and
hardware changes, things likely could break.  Maybe not easily, but, there
is! still always that risk.  Then, if they do, you have no support, and
basically, are S O L, unless you can figure it out yourself.

Just my 2ยข worth.

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Gawronski" <n...@nickgawronski.com>